In the industry, we’re an established and competitive manufacturing company that formulates and packages chemicals for the most respected OEMs in the business.
But in our hearts, we’re a family. Our people are at the core of everything we do, and we have 6 decades of Shrader family members who would agree. That’s going to be one heck of a family reunion!
Check this page often as new job postings are added regularly.
VP of Operations
Summary of Position
We are looking for an experienced, organized leader to manage and grow operations and manufacturing functions for Shrader Canada and future products. This position will be responsible for manufacturing operations, supply-chain management, health and safety, quality control, and efficient capital deployment.
The position will report directly to the Managing Director and work closely with other members of the leadership team, including VP, Customer Engagement and VP, Finance. This position has four (4) direct reports responsible for a department of ~40 associates (combined management and unionized workforce).
The successful candidate is both hands-on and high level who can lead the operational teams and remove roadblocks to allow the business to reach its short and long-term strategic objectives and keep to the company’s vision.
Roles and Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities & Leadership
- Manages employee and material resources to ensure that product is produced efficiently, cost effectively, on-time, and at optimum quality and quantity levels in a safe work environment.
- Champion operational culture by leading and coaching lean thinking and principles. A major component of this is leading change by challenging and engaging people.
- Coaches and guides team members to higher levels of performance by effectively communicating expectations, providing necessary tools for success, and role modelling. Communicates and creates an understanding and alignment of business priorities, opportunities, and comprehensive vision.
Reporting & Cross-Functions
- Develops and analyzes performance data (order fulfillment, budget variances, scheduling, etc.) to identify business plan variances using established systems and ad-hoc problem solving.
- Work in tandem with leadership team members to support sales, revenue, and organizational objectives of the company. A key component of this is identifying operational requirements and potential stress points to meet future corporate goals.
- Implements weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting to all needed parties. In concert with Managing Director and VPs, develops KPIs and drives results in operations.
- Develops with Finance department a clear budgeting process for expense (maintenance and product costing), and capital budgets.
- Ability to observe trends and roadblocks to proactively adjust requirements within the operational teams.
- Implement improved processes and management methods to generate higher ROI and workflow optimization.
- Continually investigate and introduce process improvement measures and present suggestions/findings to Managing Director for consideration.
- Participate in vendor negotiations to ensure product relevance and cost-efficiency.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelors Degree
- 10+ years’ experience in leadership (ideally in a manufacturing capacity)
- Demonstrate financial management, budgeting skills and business acumen
Strong knowledge in production, planning and operational principles.